Sunday, May 10, 2009

My card box using 12x12 DS paper

I made my card boxes after watching the tutorial on youtube (see previous posting). I did not have the proper ribbons or flowers. I used the wild wasabi double stitch ribbon which is not quite the same green (I think this DS paper is old olive but not sure). The flowers are made from 5-petal flower punch from Stampin up. I trimmed the flowers to make it look more like plumeria flowers then added wild wasabi ink using a dauber (tutorial for this can be found in Paper Pusher blog - see my list of favorite blogs). The sentiment is from Stampin Up rub-on I received from the hostess set last month (my first time using a rub-on on a project).


Below is the second box I made. I am not sure if I like the handles on the first one. Maybe I will place them on the sides and place just one handle. Here I used Sizzix big shot to cut out a frame and punched out some flowers from the same designer paper. Added some bling and I am done. The owl is from the same rub-on as the first box. I put it on a transparency then glued it to the frame. I think I will be using more rub-ons since it can go on acetates. I really like the transparency of acetate paper.

As I am looking at the box now, I think I should have added more dimensions. And maybe a shaker box in the back? Lots of ideas so little time. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!