Sunday, April 26, 2009

Note holder - thank you for the party




I was planning to post this last night but we were super tired after getting home from watching Danny proctor a black belt testing upcountry at Seabury Hall. I really needed my sleep after kids went to bed. Below are the pictures of my note holders. I initially wanted to make these for last year's Christmas but never got to finish them. Well, now I am done (made two more that are not in the picture) and will be passing them out to our Stampin' Up members as a "thank-you" for the last party I hosted.



I saw a note holders at Lee-Bears (Candy/Chocolate Store) & thought I could easily make them. I purchase one at $3; thought about how to make it; then just did it. I used my Sizzix bigshot to cut the little animals for the project. Each one is slightly different because I was trying out different techniques and different color schemes.


For the very first one (white bear), I ran a piece of paper through the xyron (repositionable); added black paper in the back for the eyes; then used white pen to mark the eyes. However, after seeing Jackie's favor, I decided to simplify. First I did not put it through the xyron but used dimensionals to give the animal cut out more 3D effect and furthermore colored in the eyes with markers and colored some of the parts (like the ribbon) to given them some personality. My favorite turned out to be the white lamb with a pink ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!