Monday, January 19, 2009

Calendar Project

I am finally uploading the calendar project - my Christmas presents. Hopefully, I can complete two more projects before the end of this month - Bag & Clip projects. I will post them as I get them done.



The original idea came from Jeannie's workshop which I could not attend.
1. I cut the standard 12x12 papers into 4x4's then use the round corner punch (one from walmart) to round the corners. Paste the papers to front of two coasters.
2. Place the hinges and brads (from close to my heart). Then paste the papers from step 1 to the back of the two coasters. This way back of the brads are covered.
3. Sand down all sides (I did not do this to all of them). Note: some 12x12 papers are little smaller than 12x12 so when it did not fit, I cut the plain coasters with scissors to match the paper size. You can sand it down as well.
4. Cut a solid color paper slight bigger than the calendar (I did not measure) and paste to the back of the calendar then to the prepared coaster from step 3.
5. Cut the same solid color paper to 3"x3" then round the corners using a corner punch. Fold a designer paper to make a corner wrap (by folding - I did not measure) then gule to the 3x3 solid color paper. You can add embelishments if you like (i.e. ribbon). This is where photo can be placed.
6. I placed the finished calendar project into a plastic bag and placed a ribbon. See below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!