Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

My baby girl fell asleep just before the trick-or-treaters came so I was able to make one of the candy holders that Jeannie had shared at her gift workshop. Of course, I modified it to make it even simpler. The original idea came from Fabulously Artsy website. You can watch the video on the site for detailed info. Below is what I made for my trick-or-treaters.






To make the simple candy holder:

1. Cut your 12x12 cardstock into 2-1/2" x 12" strips and cut your 12x12 patterned paper into 2-1/4" x 12".

2. Score the cardstock one end at 3-1/4" & 3-3/4" and the other end at 3-3/4" & 4-1/4" .

3. Paste the patterned paper onto cardstock.

4. Fold, punch hole using oval punch (I only had circle punch), make slit using coluzzle circle (smallest - I really had a hard time using this one), and glue the longer end. Place the candy in the hole.

5. Stamp a halloween theme (mine is a black cat) on a cardstock, punch, and glue on the cover flap. And you are done.



So simple......

Below is a picture of my little baby girl. She got up just in time to go trick-or-treating with her Papa and her Daddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!