My baby girl fell asleep just before the trick-or-treaters came so I was able to make one of the candy holders that Jeannie had shared at her gift workshop. Of course, I modified it to make it even simpler. The original idea came from Fabulously Artsy website. You can watch the video on the site for detailed info. Below is what I made for my trick-or-treaters.
To make the simple candy holder:
1. Cut your 12x12 cardstock into 2-1/2" x 12" strips and cut your 12x12 patterned paper into 2-1/4" x 12".
2. Score the cardstock one end at 3-1/4" & 3-3/4" and the other end at 3-3/4" & 4-1/4" .
3. Paste the patterned paper onto cardstock.
4. Fold, punch hole using oval punch (I only had circle punch), make slit using coluzzle circle (smallest - I really had a hard time using this one), and glue the longer end. Place the candy in the hole.
5. Stamp a halloween theme (mine is a black cat) on a cardstock, punch, and glue on the cover flap. And you are done.
Below is a picture of my little baby girl. She got up just in time to go trick-or-treating with her Papa and her Daddy.