Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby Shower Gift

I saw this baby shower gift idea at Jan Tapler's blog. She made a matching card, box, and an onesie for her co-worker's baby shower. I thought it was just so brilliant so I gave it a try.


Well, the card and the bag wasn't too hard but the onesie..... was another story. I had a really hard time using the iron-on transfer paper. Out of five, two onesies survived. The transfer paper kept sticking to the parchment paper instead of the onesie when I followed the direction given. So... I flipped the tranfer paper over. The image did stick but looked so pale. :-( Notice I did not take pictures of them.

I emailed Jan and she told me I have to try them out a few times to get everything just right. Also, living in Hawaii, the humidity really does not help as well with the process. Jan, thanks for all your tips. Check out Jan's website for her beautiful work.

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on all your projects! they are so cute! looked at some other cards below! love those japanese ones! they turned out so sweet! TFS and stopping by to leave me a comment =) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!